Christmas Shoebox Appeal for Syrian Refugees
Help us reach a target of 500 Christmas/New Year boxes for Syrian refugee children!
Operation Christmas Child – shoeboxes full of presents for needy children
How to take part:
1. Find an old shoe box or ask for one at a shoe shop – they normally are helpful if they have spare boxes in their store room – ask “Mülteci çocuklar için hediye kutuları hazırlıyorum. Fazla ayakkabı kutusu var mı sizde?”
2. Cover the box in wrapping paper for Christmas/New Year for a child. (Cover the box and lid separately so the organisers can peep inside!)
3. Decide what age and whether you are packing for a boy or a girl.
4. Fill the box with gifts suitable for that age group.
5. Put a tag on the box lid saying the age and gender
6. Bring your box to Greenhouse by 14 December.
What to donate: NEW items only: toys, puzzles, hats, scarves, gloves, socks, crayons, pens, pencils, markers, play dough, headbands, combs, mini notebooks, balloons, sweets (with expiry date after January 2016), toothpaste and toothbrushes.
What NOT to donate: used items, food, fragile/glass items, make up
We are working directly with refugee projects in Istanbul so we can guarantee your donation will reach children in need and put a smile on their face this season.
Our Facebook page is full of great information about books!
* See what is new in the book world
* Enjoy the quote of the week
* Keep up to date with news and events
* Read quality book reviews about Turkey
* Have fun with our "Today's the Day" author birthday and literary anniversary section
... and much more!
New partnership for Scholastic Book Club!
Scholastic International School Book Club is delighted to announce an exciting new partnership with Greenhouse in Turkey.
Working with Greenhouse will help to ease delays and inconveniences that schools had previously had with the Scholastic International School Book Club and make running ISBC a much smoother process for you.
Working with Greenhouse for the ISBC helps you to run a successful club in school and get children reading.
We look forward to enabling you encourage your children to read great English books, while building your classroom and library resources.
Our store is now in Kozyataği, very close to Kozzy AVM.
Hilmi Paşa Cad No 21/B
Hilmi Paşa Cad runs between the E5 (Bayar Caddesi) and the minibus road.
The Kadıköy Kucukbakkalköy minibus goes along the minibus road then turns left up Hilmi Paşa Cad. You can get off right outside our door. We are just before Zübeyde Hanım Parkı on the left.
If driving from the E5, take the Kozyatağı exit and folllow blue H hospital signs to Erenköy Ruh Sınır Hastanesi. After the hospital entrance take the next left (Hüseyin Avnıoğlu Sok). We are at the corner of this street and Hilmi Paşa Cad. Park outside our door!